Welcome to the Department of Internal Medicine
Cardiovascular disorders, followed by disorders of the abdominal organs are amongst the most frequent referral diagnoses in our clinic. Our medical and kinesitherapeutic treatment concepts are based on long-term experience and accord with the latest recommendations from the corresponding expert associations. Here we cultivate interdisciplinary cooperation with other specialist departments for the benefit of the increasing number of patients with multiple illnesses (multimorbidity).
In the specialist department for Internal Medicine with focus on cardiology, we treat patients with the following indications:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) with and without angina pectoris
- Following heart attacks
- Following catheter intervention such as balloon dilatation (PTCA) and stent implantation
- Following operations on the heart (e.g. valve replacement and bypass operations) including transplantations
- In case of heart failure (cardiac insufficiency) depending on the cause, e.g. in case of CHD or resulting from a primary cardiac muscle disease (cardiomyopathy)
- Following invasive rhythm treatment (ablation procedures)
- Following pacemaker or defibrillator (ICD) implantation
- Following cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT)
- With peripheral arterial circulatory disorders
- Following operations to the large vessels (e.g. with aortic aneurysm)
- Following a pulmonary embolism
- In case of metabolic disorders such as diabetes mellitus, lipid metabolic disorders and adipositas (metabolic syndrome)
- Following interventional operations to the gastrointestinal tract
- Following difficult progressions of primary conservative treatment of gastrointestinal diseases
Our treatment team comprises of experienced internists, cardiologists and rehabilitation medical specialists such as physiotherapists, sport therapists, masseurs and nurses. If required, ergotherapists, speech therapists, psychologists and social workers are also involved.
In regular cross-division team meetings, we discuss the progression of your rehabilitation and can accordingly modify your treatment plan.
For each patient, we collate an individually adapted therapy programme which is developed based on comprehensive functional diagnostics.
For the monitoring of patients in a critical condition, we have an in-house monitoring unit available with 3 beds.
Besides the treatment of cardiovascular disorders (secondary prevention) we also see our task in the prevention of these disorders. Therefore, through our comprehensive diagnostics possibilities – completely in terms of primary prevention – we can record your personal risk constellation and intervene accordingly.
In collaboration with the doctors, our therapists and nursing staff form a highly qualified and highly motivated team which accompanies you on your way to successful rehabilitation.
In accordance with the guiding principles of the Deutschen Fachgesellschaft für kardiologische Rehabilitation (German Expert Association for Cardiological Rehabilitation), you receive an individual treatment plan from our wide spectrum of therapeutic possibilities.